Q: When can I expect my order to arrive?
A: We ship out of Columbus, Ohio. Typical ground transit time can take approximately 1-5 business days depending on your location. Please see the map below for estimated transit times to your location. Domestic orders are shipped via UPS or USPS. Expedited shipping options are available at checkout. Please note, our carriers do not pick up on weekends - orders placed during this time will be processed the next business day.
For our international customers, transit time takes approximately 3-5 business days to most countries. This is the time that it takes to arrive in your country's customs agency. Import duty, taxes, and brokerage fees are not included in the retail or shipping price, and will have to be paid to your country's customs agency before they will release it for final delivery. It is the responsibility of the customer to read and understand the costs of importing goods into their country before placing an order. International packages are shipped via FedEx or UPS. International orders cannot be expedited.
Q: Do you offer a resoling or refurbishing service?
A: Since our shoes are made in our family-owned and operated factory in Spain, we do not have our own in-house refurbishment in the US. Most of the time you will be able to find a reputable cobbler or leather repair shop locally. Please note, while most of our shoes can be resoled, items such as sneakers and drivers cannot be due to their unique construction.
Q: Can I custom order shoes?
A: Custom shoes are available exclusively at our hand painting events and Maestro de Lineas events. Shoes must be ordered in person at the event. For event information please checkout our calendar. Once ordered during an event custom orders can take 14-16 weeks to complete and ship. Custom orders are not eligible for return or exchange.
Q: How do Magnanni shoes fit?
A: Our shoes tend to run slightly large compared to other dress shoe brands. If you have not tried our shoes before, then we recommend ordering a half-size below what you normally wear.
While this recommendation works for most people, please keep in mind every person's foot is different and this recommendation may not work for everyone.
Q: What is the best way to care for my Magnanni shoes?
A: The first step to good shoe care is to use Cedar or Poplar shoe trees in each pair of shoes that you wear. The shoe tree will absorb the moisture from the inside of the shoe, which will protect the lining from breaking down over time. Shoe trees also help the shoe to maintain its shape to prevent curling and deep creases. It is important to rotate the shoes you wear at least every other day. Alternating shoes will give the shoes adequate time to dry and increase their longevity.
The second step to proper shoe care is to treat the leather of the shoe. This should be done at least once a month and is broken into three parts.
- Cleaning. It is important to clean shoes first to prevent dirt from being ground into the leather. For regular cleaning you can brush your shoes using a horsehair brush or microfiber cloth. In the rare instance that your shoes are heavily stained (wine, oil, etc.), then you may need to use a leather cleaner first. Please beware of strong leather cleaners as they could strip the color from the hand dyed patina. Consult a local repair expert if you are unsure of what cleaning products to use.
- Conditioning. Once you have removed dirt and debris, condition the leather with shoe cream. This adds moisture to leather that will keep it from drying and cracking. With a small amount of cream and a microfiber cloth you can apply to the leather in broad linear strokes. Once applied, let the cream dry which will help it set into the leather.
- Polish. For the final step apply wax polish to the shoes. A high quality polish will contain higher contents of wax which will protect the shoes better from water and debris. Using a microfiber cloth you can apply the polish in small circular motions. Once applied let the wax dry until a slight haze appears. Using a clean microfiber cloth lightly buff the shoe until the haze is removed. If a higher level of shine is desired, then you can add additional layers of polish, let dry, and buff. Shoe creams and waxes are available on our shoe care page.
Our shoes come ready to wear. However with the leather soles it is recommended that you refrain from wearing them in inclement weather. When the soles become wet they are vulnerable to abrasive surfaces such as concrete and may cause expedited wear. Some people choose to add rubber to the soles, but it is not absolutely necessary.
Q: What size belt should I order?
A: When sizing a belt you will want to select one size larger than your pant waist size. For example, if you wear a waist size 36 pant, then you want to select a size 38 belt. This should allow the belt to fit on the third of the five holes.
Q: The size I want is out of stock, what can I do?
A: If there is a shoe you like, but your size is not available, then please send an email to email@example.com. Let us know what shoe and size you need and we will let you know if and when it will be arriving back in stock.
Q: Do your shoes have a warranty?
A: While our shoes do not carry a warranty, we do stand behind the products we make and are here to help if you ever encounter an issue. If you are experiencing an issue due to a defect with material or craftsmanship, then please check out the guidelines below.
- For shoes purchased through an authorized retail partner the first course of action is to return them to the store or chain where they were originally purchased from. We have arrangements with our retail partners to handle any returns at the store level. We choose our retail partners carefully and work with companies that are fair and customer service oriented. When you take your shoes into the store they will determine the best course of action based on the purchase date and the problem you are experiencing in accordance with store policies. While providing the original receipt or proof of purchase is not always necessary, it does help expedite the process. Magnanni does not accept returns or replacements for shoes purchased outside of magnanni.com.
- For shoes purchased through magnanni.com, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your order number and a few clear photos of the issue you are experiencing.
- Shoes purchased through outlet or discount stores and websites may be returned to the store or website where originally purchased from and are subject to the retailers return policies. Magnanni does not issue replacements or credit for shoes purchased through outlet or discount retailers.